Summary: Hair loss causes a lot of anxiety for a lot of men, and hence, men are keen to find the cause of hair loss and eliminate the problem from the root. Some of the most common causes of hair loss are genetic factors, exposure to harsh chemicals and stress.
For a lot of people hair loss is a cause for worry . Men are more prone to hair loss compared to women and lots of efforts are hence being made by both men suffering hair loss and the companies that make products to address these problems. However, to counter hair loss effectively it would help to know what the cause are to begin with.
If you see hair on your comb or down by the sink when you shower, don’t panic because this is just old hair falling out to make place for new hair growth. However, when a disproportionately large amount of hair is found, then you should probably do something about it. Given here are the common causes of hair loss.
- Hair loss occurs due to hormonal changes brought about by age. The body deteriorates with old age in general and hair also starts falling out without replacement. There are two types of balding in men. They either have a receding hairline or they have hair loss starting from the top of the head.
- Genetics also determine whether you will lose hair. Some older men have a full head of hair while others start balding as early as their 20’s.
- You need to have a well balanced diet because deficiency of certain nutrients is also known to cause premature hair loss in men.
- Stress is another strong factor associated with hair loss. Stress causes whitening of hair and also loss of hair, so it would help to keep stress levels down.
- It is important to use the right shampoo, conditioner and hair products. Harsh chemicals in some hair treatment products and hair coloring agents can also cause hair loss.
- Hair shouldn’t be pulled or stretched too tight if you tend to tie it as this will weaken the roots and eventually cause the hair to fall out.
- Wash and condition your hair regularly. Neglect can also cause hair to deteriorate over time. Try not to use a blow dryer as this will dry the hair too much and can be detrimental over a long time.
- For people undergoing treatments like radiation therapy, hair fall is an expected side-effect.
- Some medications are also associated with hair loss in men. Check for these side-effects before using them.
- Health of the scalp is also important when it comes to hair and any infection on the scalp can trigger hair loss.
- Hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism are also associated with hair loss.